When purchasing a laptop from a third party supplier
please consider the following:
If you are buying a new device from somewhere other than our recommended supplier, the minimum requirements are:
|Operating System||Windows 10 (Home/Pro) NOT Windows S|
|Wireless||Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ac)|
|Screen Size (Min)||11”|
|Hard Drive Capacity||256GB SSD (NOT emmc on-board chip)|
|Minimum Battery Life||6 Hours|
|CPU||Celeron N6000 min. (No ARM CPU)|
Extended warranty recommended
Note: If you are unsure if the device you are purchasing is going to meet the requirements, please don’t hesitate to contact our IT team who will be able to clarify some of the technical aspects listed below.
Apple Macbooks are also accepted as BYOD devices – if they are up to date with their operating system etc.
What technical support can students expect from the schools IT Technician Team?
The following support will be provided to externally (unmanaged) purchased devices:
- Connection to the school network, printers, Compass, and email.
- Technicians will NOT be able to provide any hardware or software support for your device.
- For warranty repair of BYOD laptops please return to place of purchase.
- All other repairs (NON-warranty) the laptop should be taken to a computer repair shop.
- We also require the laptop charger to be tested and tagged to ensure no damage to the electrical cable. Please additionally label the charger as this also easily enables us to locate owners if it is lost.
- This is a service offered through the school at the beginning of each term. Please contact the office for further details.