Mirboo North Secondary College has an agreed uniform policy, as developed and endorsed by school council.
The wearing of a school uniform is seen as important to the members of the school community. We believe that uniform is important for the following reasons:
- School uniform allows students to focus more on learning and less on fashion
- Many experts believe that all students in uniform promotes a sense of community and team spirit
- Uniforms contribute positively to the behaviour of students and allows them to be identified as members of the school community
- Increases a sense of belonging and school pride – especially at events with other schools in attendance
- A feeling of equality regardless of socio-economic status
- Ensures all students are dressed safely and appropriately for school activities
- Prepares students for expectations of the wider world including the workplace and sports teams.